Finger millet (ragi) sevai
Out of stock
FINGER MILLET (RAGI) SEVAISevai also called as vermicelli or saemia is an Indian dish which is made from rice varieties, also made with ragi commonly. But have you tasted sevai from other millets. Here at biteskart we have produced varieties of sevai which can be made into delicious dishes. This sevai can be made into upma or kichadi or briyani or sweet saemia balls and much more different dishes using your creativity. Kids would love this instead of boring lunches. Make a best lunch box recipe or snack recipe for your kids and enjoy it. You can also share them in the comment section.
WHAT IS SOO SPECIAL ABOUT FINGER MILLET (RAGI) SEVAI?A 4000 year crop which has been found in the archaeological excavations of the Harappan Civilization which existed almost in the late Iron Age has been given different names in different languages like ragi in Kannada, Telugu and Hindi, Ariyam or Kel varagu in Tamil, Taidalu in Telangana region and many more names in different places. It easily grows in eastern and southern African countries and southern Asia, especially in India and Nepal.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS YOU GET IN CONSUMING FINGER MILLET?
- Highest Protein Content – An incomparable protein content with rice and easily digestible for kids is this ragi laddu as it is made of jaggery powder, pure certified organic ghee and organic ragi. The reason for which it is the first food that we start to give babies even when they are even 4 to 6 months old is only because it digests quickly.
- Premier source of calcium – Nearly 5 to 30 times higher calcium content than the other cereal is present in Ragi and in a delicious laddu form which gives enormous energy. Not only calcium but also rich in potassium, phosphorous and iron and thus, reduces risk of osteoporosis.
- A natural antibiotic – Ragi acts as against a number of bacteria causing food poisoning including Bacillus cereus. Ragi is the best food when you have typhoid. Any kind of skin and soft tissue infections are perfectly cured with ragi.
- Potential of anti-cancer properties – A byword in health books today is “anti-oxidants” and that is available in ample amounts only in the cheapest available whole grain ragi.
- Fiber rich food – As it is rich in fiber, ragi has always proved to help in weight loss. Consumed in the morning times when you are very hungry these laddu gives instant energy to you for the whole day to be active enough.
- Totally reverts skin ageing – Those who need a young and youthful skin have to definitely eat ragi on a daily basis. Only one source of vitamin D in your food and is a best carrier molecule for calcium accounting for your vitality. Due to collagen cross-linking, the stiffness in your skin is reduced.
“LOCAL FOODS ARE WHOLESOME FOODS”
Add a review
Finger millet (ragi) sevai
* Review is required
* Name is required
* Email is required
0 of 0 reviews
Sorry, no reviews match your current selections
No reviews to show