PEARL MILLET (KAMBU) FLAKES
EASY AND QUICK TRADITIONAL FOOD WITH A TOUCH OF MODERNITY – PEARL MILLET (KAMBU) FLAKES
We all would have eaten cornflakes which is obtained from corn, but have you heard of millet flakes?
Before cornflakes was introduced in India every Indian house hold would make an elaborate meal for breakfast and the family would enjoy it. The introduction of cornflakes literally changed the concept and made breakfast very quick and easy. Although it gave a touch of modernity and made work easier it also made us forget our traditional foods.
The goal of biteskart is not only to produce healthy food but also make it easier for the people, that way the traditional foods will be conserved with the touch of modernity.
Here at https://www.biteskart.com we introduce millet flakes which are easy and quick to prepare, healthy and delicious.
WHAT IS SOO SPECIAL ABOUT PEARL MILLET?
Pearl Millet is one of the oldest cultivated crops since pre-historic times and ranks as the sixth most important grain in the world. It is known as Bajra in Hindi, Bengali, Punjabi, Urdu, and Oriya; Kamboo in Tamil and Malyalam; Sajjalu in Telugu, and Bajri in Marathi and Gujarati. It is a cereal crop grown at a very large scale in India. Africa and Asia has poor acidic medium of soil, which is usually highly unsuitable for wheat, rice, maize, sorghum, and barley. Pearl millet grows better than other cereals. In India, pearl Millet is commonly used as a major cereal in the states of Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Haryana, and Uttar Pradesh.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS YOU GET IN CONSUMING PEARL MILLET?
- Treats Iron Deficiency Anemia – Pearl millet is a very rich source of iron. Pearl millet also contained abundant amount of zinc, which is essential for normal growth and development of a strong immune system.
- Reduces Blood Sugar Levels – Pearl millet is very effectively used to maintain normal blood sugar levels. It has a high fiber content, which slows down digestion and releases the glucose into the blood at a slower rate, thereby helps to maintain normal blood sugar levels for a comparatively longer duration of time.
- Aids in Weight Loss – It has high fiber content and usually takes a longer time for the cereal grain to move out from the stomach to the small intestines. Hence, pearl millet subsides hunger for a longer duration of time, eventually leading to lesser intake of calories, thereby helps to lose weight.
- Reduces Cholesterol – Pearl millet contains a chemical, known as phytic acid, which is proposed to increase the cholesterol metabolism, thereby stabilizing the cholesterol level in the body. It also contains the vitamin niacin, which reduces the cholesterol.
- Prevent Insomnia – Regular and moderate consumption of pearl millet relaxes the body, brings in a calm feeling, and fights off insomnia. A light breakfast with pearl millet ensures a stress-free day without headaches.
- Benefits for women – Pearl millet is good for lactating mothers. Lactating mothers must include pearl millet in their diet to increase milk production. In addition, pearl millet has three times the amount of calcium, which is present in milk. Thus, the consumption of pearl millet is beneficial for both mother and the babies. Pearl millet is considered to be one of the best home remedies for menstrual cramps along with associated mood swings and irritability.
Also visit other kambu related products at https://biteskart.com/?s=KAMBU&post_type=product
Click here to explore other products on https://www.biteskart.com
“LOCAL FOODS ARE WHOLESOME FOODS”