KODO MILLET (VARAGU) NOODLES
DO YOU KNOW THE HISTORY OF NOODLES?
Noodles is a Pan-Indian food but originally found in Asia. The Italians and Arabs also say that they found it but there are archeological findings about 4000 years ago that noodles was a staple food in Asia, mainly in China. Even though there are many varieties in noodles these days the common one is made with maida, wheat or rice. But the archeological findings have come to a conclusion that the noodle which was found 4000 years ago was made with millets – foxtail millet and broomcorn millet. Hence they say that the staple food of China was millet noodles.
Not only in China but also the complete Asia and India was a major producers and consumers of millets. Millets are our traditional food which slowly decreased due to the increase production of rice and wheat.
We at biteskart always wanted to combine tradition, taste and health. So we have produced healthy millet noodles and that you can enjoy with your family. Buy millet based noodle at https://www.biteskart.com instead of buying some noodles which contain preservatives and colors.
WHY KODO MILLET (VARAGU) NOODLES?
India is known as the country where Kodo millet was originated. It is assumed that domestication of Araka or Kodo millet took place about 3000 years ago. Kodo millet is also called as: Kodon in hindi Kodara in Sanskrit Harka in kannada Varagu in tamil and malayalam Arikelu or arika in telugu Kodra in Marathi, Gujarati and Punjabi Kodo in Bengali.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF KODO MILLET
- Regular consumption of kodo millet is very beneficial for postmenopausal women suffering from signs of cardiovascular disease, like high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.
- Being naturally rich in fiber, millets also help to reduce problems like constipation, flatulence, bloating and stomach cramping.
- Consuming millets helps in controlling the blood glucose level and also helps in dermal wound healing process with the help of antioxidants
- Millets are a good source of magnesium which is known to be promoting heart health. It helps to reduce blood pressure. Reducing your blood pressure and optimizing your circulatory system is one of the best ways to protect your cardiovascular health.
- Millets are rich in phenolic acids, phytates and tannins which are the anti-nutrients and help in reducing the risk of colon and breast cancer. Millets also have linoleic acid which contains anti-tumor activity.
- The antioxidants found in millet have beneficial impact on neutralizing the free radicals, which can cause cancer and clean up other toxins from body such as those in kidney and liver.
- It also helps in reducing joints and knee pain and helps in regularizing the menstruation cycle in woman.