PEARL MILLET (KAMBU) PASTA
We all would have eaten different type of pasta in our life. But have you eaten pasta made from millets?
First we will check out what pasta is, Pasta is a staple food of Italian cuisine. It is generally made with wheat flour mixed with water and egg, then formed into many shapes. Pasta can also be done with rice-flour or legumes or lentils or gluten-free millets.
In that way we at biteskart have produced few varieties of pasta that can be made instantly just by boiling and adding masala to it. You can enjoy it with your family and friends. Kids these days love to eat western foods more interestingly than the traditional food like idly or upma. This pasta is a fusion of tradition and trend. Hence the kids would love it.
WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT PEARL MILLET (KAMBU) PASTA?
Pearl Millet is one of the oldest cultivated crops since pre-historic times and ranks as the sixth most important grain in the world. It is known as Bajra in Hindi, Bengali, Punjabi, Urdu, and Oriya; Kamboo in Tamil and Malyalam; Sajjalu in Telugu, and Bajri in Marathi and Gujarati. It is a cereal crop grown at a very large scale in India. It always grows rapidly and is perfectly adapted for growing in harsh arid climates with drought-prone regions. Africa and Asia has poor acidic medium of soil, which is usually highly unsuitable for wheat, rice, maize, sorghum, and barley. Pearl millet grows better than other cereals. In India, pearl Millet is commonly used as a major cereal in the states of Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Haryana, and Uttar Pradesh.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CONSUMING PEARL MILLET?
- Treats Iron Deficiency Anemia – Pearl millet is a very rich source of iron. Iron deficiency anemia is very common in obstetric population and school going children as they often eat rice and wheat, which is a very poor source of iron.
- Reduces Blood Sugar Levels – Pearl millet is very effectively used to maintain normal blood sugar levels. It has a high fiber content, which slows down digestion and releases the glucose into the blood at a slower rate, thereby helps to maintain normal blood sugar levels for a comparatively longer duration of time.
- Aids in Weight Loss – It has high fiber content and usually takes a longer time for the cereal grain to move out from the stomach to the small intestines.
- Reduces Cholesterol – Pearl millet contains a chemical, known as phytic acid, which is proposed to increase the cholesterol metabolism, thereby stabilizing the cholesterol level in the body. It also contains the vitamin niacin, which reduces the cholesterol.
- Relieves Constipation – The rich fiber content of pearl millet eases the process of digestion and provides a relief from constipation. Children who suffer from chronic constipation must be regularly fed with a small amount of pearl millet.
- Benefits for women – Pearl millet is good for lactating mothers. Lactating mothers must include pearl millet in their diet to increase milk production. In addition, pearl millet has three times the amount of calcium, which is present in milk. Thus, the consumption of pearl millet is beneficial for both mother and the babies. Pearl millet is considered to be one of the best home remedies for menstrual cramps along with associated mood swings and irritability.
Order it now on https://www.biteskart.com Cook and enjoy these with your family.
Also make interesting lunch box recipe using https://biteskart.com/?s=noodles&post_type=product
“LOCAL FOODS ARE WHOLESOME FOODS”
There are no reviews yet.
Write a customer review