Foxtail (Thinai) Ribbons
Out of stock
FOXTAIL (THINAI) RIBBONS
- Freshly made
- Hygienically prepared
- Made with premium quality marachekku oil
- Made with foxtail bought directly from farmers
- No palm oil is used
- No added artificial flavor
- No added preservatives or colors
- 100% natural
Are you looking for a healthy crunch for your evening snacks or for sharing joy during festival time?When it comes to buying a product people get many questions in choosing the right product, we are here to guide you. There are some common questions people get in their mind during purchase.
There are many snack varieties available in the market, Are they trustworthy?There are many products which only contain artificial flavors and colors. Some products are fried in palm oil and sold. They also contain many chemical compounds which can deteriorate the health of the kids. The artificial colouring compound may be attractive and the kids tend to buy those but us, the parents should know the complete details of the product that we buy for the kids.
WHY SHOULD WE BUY FOXTAIL RIBBONS?It is our tradition to give sweets and savories while visiting friends and family or during a festive season. Ribbons commonly called ribbon pakkoda is made with rice flour or besan flour. Foxtail is a very healthy millet that is rich in protein and fiber hence it can be a used as an alternative for rice flour or besan flour. Share love with a healthier option join hands with biteskart, we give complete guarantee for the product we sell. They do not contain any artificial flavors or colors and are prepared from good quality oil. Hence it will be a better snacking option for the kids and elders. Enjoy this festive season with foxtail (thinai) ribbons from biteskart.
WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT FOXTAIL MILLET?Foxtail millet is one of the earliest cultivated crops in Asia and Africa. It is an indigenous crop known for its rich nutritive value, drought tolerance ability and low input requirements. It is known as Kangni in Hindi, Korralu in Telugu, Thinai in Tamil, Thina in Malayalam and Priyangu in Sanskrit. Foxtail millets are equally popular in other countries. It is grown mainly in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Telangana, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh besides few northeast states.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CONSUMING FOXTAIL MILLET?
- Foxtail millet contains significant levels of protein – which helps in growth and development of the body, It also helps make antibodies that fight off infections and illnesses and helps keep cells healthy and create new ones.
- Contains fiber – which helps maintain healthy weight, normalizes bowel movement, helps reduce blood glucose level and lowers cholesterol level.
- Stronger Bones – Foxtail millets are an excellent source of iron and calcium which play a pivotal role in maintaining the health of bones and muscles. Foxtail millet in your regular diet to meet the calcium and phosphorous needs of the body for combating brittle bones, inflammation and other bone related chronic conditions like osteoporosis, arthritis, spondylitis etc.
- Strengthens Nervous System: Nutritionists strongly recommend the intake the Foxtail millet for keeping various neurological disorders because it is loaded with Vitamin B1 which slows down the progression of various neurodegenerative conditions like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s etc.
- Boosts Cardiac Health – Millets are in general popular for maintaining good heart health. Being gluten-free, rich in protein and less on carbs these amazing wonders of nature aid in the formation of neurotransmitter acetylcholine that transfers message between muscle and nerves besides protecting the heart functions.
- Manages Diabetes – Diabetic patients are generally discouraged to cut down on the intake of rice, owing to its high carb content. The glycemic index of Foxtail millet is at 50.8 making it an ultimate choice of low-glycemic foods.
- Lowers Bad Cholesterol – Foxtail millet contains a good source of amino acids which play a crucial level in decreasing cholesterol by reducing excess fat in the liver.
- Builds Immunity – In these days and times of pandemic, nothing is more important than a robust immunity. A rich source of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, Foxtail millet ups the stamina, keeps you stronger and builds immunity for fighting various infections lurking around. If you have fallen ill recently to any of the viral or bacterial infections, include it in diet for gaining the strength back.
- Shelf-life of foxtail millet ribbons is 1 month.
- Can be stored at room temperature.
- Foxtail millet ribbons is available through out the year.
- Shipped in 2-3 days when ordered.
- All the items are prepared after the order is given, this is to ensure that our customers receive the most fresh items and hence takes 2 days for shipping.
MAKING HEALTHY EATING A JOYFUL CELEBRATION