FINGER MILLET (RAGI) NOODLES
DO YOU KNOW THE HISTORY OF NOODLES?
Noodles is a Pan-Indian food but originally found in Asia. The Italians and Arabs also say that they found it but there are archeological findings about 4000 years ago that noodles was a staple food in Asia, mainly in China. Even though there are many varieties in noodles these days the common one is made with maida, wheat or rice. But the archeological findings have come to a conclusion that the noodle which was found 4000 years ago was made with millets – foxtail millet and broomcorn millet. Hence they say that the staple food of China was millet noodles.
Not only in China but also the complete Asia and India was a major producers and consumers of millets. Millets are our traditional food which slowly decreased due to the increase production of rice and wheat.
We at biteskart always wanted to combine tradition, taste and health. So we have produced healthy millet noodles and that you can enjoy with your family. Buy millet based noodle at https://www.biteskart.com instead of buying some noodles which contain preservatives and colors.
WHAT IS SOO SPECIAL ABOUT FINGER MILLET (RAGI) NOODLES?
A 4000 year crop which has been found in the archaeological excavations of the Harappan Civilization which existed almost in the late Iron Age has been given different names in different languages like ragi in Kannada, Telugu and Hindi, Ariyam or Kel varagu in Tamil, Taidalu in Telangana region and many more names in different places. It easily grows in eastern and southern African countries and southern Asia, especially in India and Nepal.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS YOU GET IN CONSUMING FINGER MILLET?
- Highest Protein Content – An incomparable protein content with rice and easily digestible for kids is this ragi laddu as it is made of jaggery powder, pure certified organic ghee and organic ragi. The reason for which it is the first food that we start to give babies even when they are even 4 to 6 months old is only because it digests quickly.
- Premier source of calcium – Nearly 5 to 30 times higher calcium content than the other cereal is present in Ragi and in a delicious laddu form which gives enormous energy. Not only calcium but also rich in potassium, phosphorous and iron and thus, reduces risk of osteoporosis.
- A natural antibiotic – Ragi acts as against a number of bacteria causing food poisoning including Bacillus cereus. Ragi is the best food when you have typhoid. Any kind of skin and soft tissue infections are perfectly cured with ragi.
- Potential of anti-cancer properties – A byword in health books today is “anti-oxidants” and that is available in ample amounts only in the cheapest available whole grain ragi.
- Fiber rich food – As it is rich in fiber, ragi has always proved to help in weight loss. Consumed in the morning times when you are very hungry these laddu gives instant energy to you for the whole day to be active enough.
- Totally reverts skin ageing – Those who need a young and youthful skin have to definitely eat ragi on a daily basis. Only one source of vitamin D in your food and is a best carrier molecule for calcium accounting for your vitality. Due to collagen cross-linking, the stiffness in your skin is reduced.
Also buy other variety noodles at https://biteskart.com/?s=noodles&post_type=product
“LOCAL FOODS ARE WHOLESOME FOODS”