PEARL MILLET (KAMBU) NOODLES
DO YOU KNOW THE HISTORY OF NOODLES?
Noodles is a Pan-Indian food but originally found in Asia. The Italians and Arabs also say that they found it but there are archeological findings about 4000 years ago that noodles was a staple food in Asia, mainly in China. Even though there are many varieties in noodles these days the common one is made with maida, wheat or rice. But the archeological findings have come to a conclusion that the noodle which was found 4000 years ago was made with millets – foxtail millet and broomcorn millet. Hence they say that the staple food of China was millet noodles.
Not only in China but also the complete Asia and India was a major producers and consumers of millets. Millets are our traditional food which slowly decreased due to the increase production of rice and wheat.
We at biteskart always wanted to combine tradition, taste and health. So we have produced healthy millet noodles and that you can enjoy with your family. Buy millet based noodle at https://www.biteskart.com instead of buying some noodles which contain preservatives and colors.
WHAT IS SOO SPECIAL ABOUT PEARL MILLET (KAMBU) NOODLES?
Pearl Millet is one of the oldest cultivated crops since pre-historic times and ranks as the sixth most important grain in the world. It is known as Bajra in Hindi, Bengali, Punjabi, Urdu, and Oriya; Kamboo in Tamil and Malyalam; Sajjalu in Telugu, and Bajri in Marathi and Gujarati. It is a cereal crop grown at a very large scale in India. Africa and Asia has poor acidic medium of soil, which is usually highly unsuitable for wheat, rice, maize, sorghum, and barley. Pearl millet grows better than other cereals. In India, pearl Millet is commonly used as a major cereal in the states of Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Haryana, and Uttar Pradesh.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS YOU GET IN CONSUMING PEARL MILLET?
- Treats Iron Deficiency Anemia – Pearl millet is a very rich source of iron. Pearl millet also contained abundant amount of zinc, which is essential for normal growth and development of a strong immune system.
- Reduces Blood Sugar Levels – Pearl millet is very effectively used to maintain normal blood sugar levels. It has a high fiber content, which slows down digestion and releases the glucose into the blood at a slower rate, thereby helps to maintain normal blood sugar levels for a comparatively longer duration of time.
- Aids in Weight Loss – It has high fiber content and usually takes a longer time for the cereal grain to move out from the stomach to the small intestines. Hence, pearl millet subsides hunger for a longer duration of time, eventually leading to lesser intake of calories, thereby helps to lose weight.
- Reduces Cholesterol – Pearl millet contains a chemical, known as phytic acid, which is proposed to increase the cholesterol metabolism, thereby stabilizing the cholesterol level in the body. It also contains the vitamin niacin, which reduces the cholesterol.
- Prevent Insomnia – Regular and moderate consumption of pearl millet relaxes the body, brings in a calm feeling, and fights off insomnia. A light breakfast with pearl millet ensures a stress-free day without headaches.
- Benefits for women – Pearl millet is good for lactating mothers. Lactating mothers must include pearl millet in their diet to increase milk production. In addition, pearl millet has three times the amount of calcium, which is present in milk. Thus, the consumption of pearl millet is beneficial for both mother and the babies. Pearl millet is considered to be one of the best home remedies for menstrual cramps along with associated mood swings and irritability.
Also try other kambu based products on https://biteskart.com/?s=pearl&post_type=product
“LOCAL FOODS ARE WHOLESOME FOODS”