Thattai Murukku!! For all the folks of the Tamil culture, you can re-cherish and re-live your tasty delicious thattai murukku period. For all the ones far apart who’s guessing this dish, let me tell you that so far you had missed the best snack of India. This spicy, light, and crispy snack is also used in fusion cooking so we may enjoy the authenticity with a twist!!!
- Chana dal
- Urud dal
- Curry leaves
- Rice flour
- Red chilli
- Refined oil
- Finely picked chana dal is rinsed well and soaked in water to make it tender and soft.
- Ample amount of urud dal, chana dal and rice flour are roasted separately in medium flame until a golden-brown color transition is seen in the dal. The roasting aroma creates an intuitive appetite for this snack.
- The roasted chana dal and urud dal are finely grinded and added along with the rice flour.
- Now comes the spices – curry leaves, crushed- grinded red chillies , asafoetida and salt are added to enhance the taste and flavor.
- To give us a crunch in every bite of the thattai, the soaked chana is added finely and the mixture is then made into a semi soft dough using water.
- These are then made into thin flat circular structures and fried well to delight your hungry tummy.
- Buy these crunchy Thattai at https://biteskart.com/and get it delivered at your doorsteps.
- Gluten free snack
- Rich in magnesium , Iron and minerals.